As part of the metropolitan transportation planning process, NVCOG staff conducts studies on the performance of the transportation network, coordinates with the CTDOT on state projects and provides technical assistance to member communities.
On-going and active studies and projects:
- Naugatuck River Greenway Economic Impact Study
- Route 34 Reconstruction and Major Widening
- Route 67 Seymour Preliminary Engineering Study
- Derby-Shelton Bridge Enhancements
- Waterbury Area Transit Study
- Uniform Trail Signage and Wayfinding Project
- Thomaston-Watertown Recreational Trails Program
- Transit Oriented Development: Pilot Project
- Alternative Modes Assessment
- Request for Qualifications
- Illustrative Work Program
- Regional Model TOD Regulations
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Improvements for the Derby-Shelton TOD Area
Refer to the Publications page for completed studies in the NVR.